wo
[wəu]
abbr. 准尉军官(=warrant officer)
abbr. 工作通知单(=work order)
abbr.
1. =wait order 待命
2. =without
3. =work order 工作通知单; 定货单
4. =write out 写出
5. =written order 书面指令
wo
wo1[wəu]n., interj.1.■[古语] =woe变形n., interj.wos wo2[wəu]interj.1.■= whoa
wowo[wə u]int.1.■=①whoa ②woe
exclamation
- variant spelling of whoa
同 whoa
wo
wo
■These ink stains won't come out (of my dress).
(我的连衣裙上的)这些墨水点洗不掉。
■A person with his ambition won't stay long in a potty little firm like this.
一个有雄心大志的人在这样一个不起眼的小公司里是待不长的。
■The job won't take long to do when we once get at it.
一旦我们着手干起来。这件工作不需要很多时间就可做好。
■You won't make the team if you don't try out.
不参加选拔就不能加入这个队。
■It won't hurt to postpone the meeting.
不妨把开会时间往後延。
■It won't do to let it stand over as tomorrow is Sunday.
不能再耽搁了,因为明天是星期天。
■It won't grind down any finer than this.
不能磨得比这个再细了。
■It's no good talking to your father when he's plunged in thought, he won't hear you.
不要在你父亲考虑问题时同他讲话,他不会听见你的话。
■It won't be long before we can be rid of the pest altogether.
不要太久,我们就能把这种害虫消除干净。
■Don't try to threaten me. I won't compromise with you.
不要威胁我,我不会和你妥协的。
■Adam won't allow anyone to chisel in on his profits.
亚当不允许任何人染指他的利益。
■We can't/Our funds won't run to a holiday abroad this year.
今年我们没有钱[我们的钱不够]去国外度假。
■He won't defend us; he can't say boo to a goose.
他不会帮我们说话的,他胆子很小(对一只鹅也不敢嘘一声)。
■He won't allow them to put the question by.
他不会让他们把这问题搁置起来。
■He won't stand for and funny business here.
他不准有任何不道德的事在这里发生。
■It riles me when he won't stop whistling.
他不肯停止吹口哨,惹得我发怒。
■He won't be able to talk with you; he has zonked out.
他不能跟你谈话了,他已醉得不省人事。
■He won't stand fur any disobedience.
他不许任何人不服从。
■He thinks himself so important that he won't vouchsafe to visit us any more.
他以为自己很了不起,所以不会纡尊再来看我们了吧。
■They won't find her guilty. She's got a, cast-iron defence.
他们无法给她定罪. 她的答辩无懈可击。
■They won't make it, you bet.
他们肯定办不成。
■He won't let you down; he's reliable.
他值得信赖,不会让你失望。
■He won't stand any nonsense from the staff.
他决不容忍员工胡作非为。
■He is so mean, he won't let his little baby have more than one measle at a time.
他吝啬极了,竟然不肯让他的小婴孩一次出一粒以上的麻疹。
■His account of the robbery won't hold water.
他对抢劫案的陈述是不真实的。
■It riles me that he won't agree.
他就是不同意,真气人。
■He won't face up to the face that he is too old for the job.
他年岁太大不宜于这工作,这却不愿面对这一现实。
■He won't hit the target at that distance.
他打不中那样远的目标的。
■He's a good student, but he won't ever set the Thames on fire.
他是好学生,但也绝成不了大器。
■His wife won't relish having to wash all those dishes.
他的妻子不会喜欢洗这一大堆碟子的。
■He is clever but he won't succeed because he lacks drive.
他聪明是聪明,但是没有干劲,做事不会成功。
■He won't pay attention to anybody. You're just wasting your breath.
他谁的话都不听,你只是在白费口舌。
■He's fussy about his food, if it isn't cooked just right, he won't eat it.
他过分着意于自己所吃的东西,如果不是烹调得恰到好处,他就不吃。
■He's a bit of a snob won't speak to the likes of me.
他这个人有点势利--不会和我这样的人说话。
■Anyone can tell she's blind as a bat, but she won't wear glasses.
任何人都知道她视力不好,但是她却不愿戴眼镜。
■It won't have escaped your notice that I've been unusually busy recently.
你一定注意到了我最近一直忙得不得了。
■It won't make much difference whether you go today or tomorrow.
你今天或明天去没有多大关系。
■You won't find better goods anywhere else, I'll wager.
你到哪儿也找不到比这个更好的货物,我敢打赌。
■You may look at things that way, but society won't.
你可以以这种眼光看待事物,但是社会可不会跟你一样。
■Stop eating sweets, or you won't get any dinner.
你如果不停止吃糖,你就不要吃饭。
■Johnson won't like your taking his best workman away. He'll be cursing me up hill and down dale, I've no doubt.
你把约翰逊最好的工人挖走,他会不高兴的。我想他准会骂死我的。
■We won't go without you joining it.
你没有参加的话我们就不去了。
■You are our prisoner now and we won't release you until a ransom is paid.
你现已遭我们禁锢,要到交出赎金以后,才能放你走。
■The cooker won't fit in/into your new kitchen.
你的新厨房装不下这套炉具。
■Your argument just won't stand up (to close scrutiny).
你的论点经不起(仔细)推敲。
■If you take my advice, you won't tell anyone about this.
你要是听我劝告的话,最好别向任何人透露此事。
■It won't take long to mend the car.
修理这辆汽车用不了很长时间。
■If you don't say anything, you won't be called on to repeat it.
倘使你不发一言,就不会被要求重复再讲一遍了。
■Pleading ignorance of the law won't help you if you are caught.
假若因犯法被抓住,借口不知是犯法亦无济于事。
■Saying you are sorry won't make up the damage of breaking the vase.
光说对不起补偿不了你打破花瓶的损失。